Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jimmy Buffett and Swine Not?

I don't consider myself a Parrot Head yet I have enjoyed reading his previous books, "A Salty Piece of Land" and "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"this one seemed geared more toward young adults. It's based on a true story about a pet pig that moves to New York with it's family and lives in a four star hotel but has to remain hidden. The narrators of the story are the pig, "Rumpy"and "Barley" one of the children in the family.

Check out the link to the Today Show interview with Jimmy and Helen Bransford who inspired the book.

Great for younger readers, and anyone who has a pet pig otherwise I recommend reading one of his other books.

Jill

1 comment:

MHedges said...

It's been so fun to read your blog entries - what a change you have made. I enjoyed your lawn mower story - I too would like to fine a reel mower - it justs reminds me of days gone by and seeing the lawns mowed at Grandma Olsen's and Grandma Wall's homes. Can't wait to see you again, Mitzi