Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Remember that game Pick Up Stix?


Well I've been picking up sticks since I got home from work tonight. We had quite the storm blow through here last night, thunder that just kept reverberating with non-stop lightning plus high winds. Put it all together and it equals a new version of pick up sticks.

Woke up this morning to survey the damage, very minimal actually. Lost one small/young tree and thank goodness it fell away from my car. Lots and lots of sticks and branches in the driveway and around the yard. I cleared the driveway this morning so I could go to work then came home and worked the immediate area around the house.

I'm betting this is going to be a regular activity this summer and unlike the game of "pick up stix" these sticks are scattered near and far and aren't as colorful. With a break in the humidity and high heat we have had for the past 5+ days, it was nice to be outside tonight with cooler air.

Pick Up Stix photo fused with permission from http://www.boardgamegeek.com

No comments: